The Inosanto Academy of Martial Arts Is proud to be a sponsor and join Mike Krivka in his efforts to raise funds for the Wounded Warrior Project.
I addition to donating items for Mike’s events, The Inosanto Academy will be open on Memorial Day and be donating a portion of all sales from our Pro Shop and our online store during this Memorial Day.
Please remember all those who have served and continue to serve. The greatest casualty is being forgotten.
Following is an overview of the project and some additional information about sponsors and the events themselves.
The goal of this project is to use Russian Kettlebells as the vehicle to raise funds for the Wounded Warrior Project. I have joined forces with three of the top fitness training and equipment manufacturers in the world today (York Barbell, Dragon Door and CrossFit) to sponsor this project. No other event has brought these companies together (companies that are oftentimes competing for the same market segment) to support an event that can make a tremendous contribution to the day-to-day lives of the warriors that gave so much to defend our way of life. The foundation of the project is a day-long (06 hour) introductory kettlebell workshop that will be given at each location with all profits from the workshop and secondary sales (products and services donated/supplied by sponsors) going to the WWP. NOTE: I (Michael Krivka) will be giving the training and will be using my existing Kettlebell 101 curriculum as the basis for the training. This is a baseline introduction to Kettlebell use that I have used to train hundreds of people and has always been well received.
You have to be wondering how York Barbell, Dragon Door and CrossFit can fit together to make this project a success. Simply put, each sponsor holds a preeminent position within the military, law enforcement, and civilian communities as providers of high quality training equipment, information and training. Each sponsor brings their very highly valued reputation and market presence to bear to a project that can directly benefit our warriors and at the same time benefiting those who contribute to this cause.
* July 10, 2010 – York, PA at York Barbell Headquarters
* July 31, 2010 – Los Angeles, CA (location TBD)
* August 07, 2010 – San Diego, CA (location TBD)
* September 11, 2010 – Washington, DC (location TBD)
1. We are actively pursuing other sponsors at this time to provide additional products and services for use at the events as well as secondary fund raising opportunities. Our goal is to bolster our already significant national sponsor base with a number of local sponsors at each location. For example, we already have a number of local businesses in the York, PA that area committed to providing us with coffee (Starbucks), subs (Subway), and other food products to feed the attendees. We will keep you apprised of our sponsor listing as it develops and would hope that you could assist us in any way if you recognize an area that you could help us in. We are also accumulating a list of individuals who are donating their time and resources as well – and this list is growing daily.
2. Sponsors should consider forwarding to us a banner that can be prominently displayed at all of the events so that we can help highlight your contribution to the project. We will be including links and logos to the sponsors in all of our publications and will strive to mention them all if space allows.
3. I have spoken to a number of people on both coasts about this event and the feedback has been tremendous. I have a number of fitness and media celebrities (MMA fighters, stuntmen and women, actors and actresses, etc.) who are very anxious to be involved in the events in LA and SD and I will notify you when they have committed formally to the project. The list is getting longer and their attendance will help draw even more people to our cause.
4. We are looking for venues in LA, SD and DC that will be big enough to support the number of people we are hoping will attend. I am hoping that we can appeal to the local RKC’s and CrossFit affiliates in LA and SD to donate their time and resources to assist with this event. Regarding the location for the workshop I would prefer holding the workshop at an established gym/affiliate as opposed to a conference center. We will also need to have people BYOK (Bring Your Own Kettlebell) to the event as opposed to having to ship them in.
5. The Bill O’Reilly show did a segment on the WWP (Talking Points on 05/14/10 (http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly/index.html) last week and I will be contacting them, as well as other local and national media, of the coming events. I am hoping to leverage the recent exposure to our advantage to get the project some air time in the coming weeks.
Thanks once again for your time and and I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this project.
Michael A. Krivka
Training Director, Martial Arts Koncepts, CrossFit Koncepts and Kettlebell Koncepts