October 12 will mark the 10th year remembrance of our son Matthew’s murder. In the years since Dennis and I founded the Matthew Shepard Foundation in his memory, the Foundation has been at the forefront of the fight to replace hate with understanding, compassion and acceptance. During this period, the Foundation has:
– Helped the Matthew Shepard Act pass both the U.S. House and Senate
– Presented “The Legacy of Matthew Shepard” to over 1 million people
– Distributed 5,000 copies of our ‘Small Bear Big Dreams’ education program free of charge
– Given out 200,000+ purple ‘Erase Hate’ wristbands
– Led 2000+ high school and college students in discussions about hate
– Engaged 5000+ people in the ‘Campaign to Erase Hate’
None of these things would have been possible without you, and I want to thank you for your support over the last decade. Each of us is a vehicle for change, and you have shown your commitment to making a difference.
Numerous 10 year remembrance events are planned throughout the country to honor Matthew’s memory. A list of events is available here on our website. Click Here to visit it now. I hope you will be able to attend one or more of them
This fight for equality is alive and well. I want to thank you for your continued support.